Monday, May 21, 2012

Welcome Ryker!!!

Our sweet baby was born April 1st at 2:34 in the morning and we couldn't love him more.  He weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20.5 inches long.  He had brown hair which was surprising because we thought we would have a bald baby as we were both pretty bald. My due date was the 30th but I didn't go into labor until the 31st at about 7:30 when my water broke.  We arrived at the hospital and after verifying that I was in labor, we let our families know that we would be having a baby soon!  My labor was pretty painless, I had an epidural and could feel a lot of pressure but it was not bad at all.  Ryker's heart rate was dropping very often, he was not tolerating labor very well so I would have to push and then turn on my side, then push and turn on the other side to try to keep the heart rate up.  When he made his appearance, the cord was around his neck so neither Jeremy nor myself were able to cut it.  He had to be checked out by the NICU unit due to some concerns that our doctor had, but after making sure he was healthy, he was wrapped up and placed in my arms.  He looked right at me and I fell instantly in love.  Being a mom is better than I could have even imagined!  Jeremy agrees that having a child is the better than he could have thought as well.  Here are some pictures from his birthday.

                                                               Dad, Ryker and Mom








No comments: